Barnett Shale Hell
Feb 12, 2012
The Butler County story is extremely sad…..Kim McEvoy wrote her governor
“Since the fracking and flaring have begun, the air quality has deteriorated. We can’t play outside without getting a headache or a sore throat”
Kim’s neighbor, Janet McIntyre, reported……
”One man died just over a week ago.” she said “Mr. Dennis Peterson, 49, had reported last September that he had ‘rashes all over his body,’ and he was diagnosed with leukemia by December.”
Half way through the story, you are prompted to click on the related story where one of Janet’s three dogs died. Her other two dogs refused to drink the water and are still alive. But before the graphic details of the death of Janet’s dog she reported, “Before they (Janet’s daughter) were allowed to complete the adoption process, they were required to have their well water tested. Results from a 2004 test showed their water was in good condition.”
”On the evening of January 23, 2011, Janet and her family (including her two grown children and grandchildren) had dinner together, the meal having been prepared using tap water pumped from her well.
In the middle of the night, Janet received a frantic call from her daughter whose nine-month old baby was projectile vomiting and had diarrhea running out of her diaper and down her legs.
By the next day, Janet and her husband woke up feeling ill and started projectile vomiting as well.